You are hereHome ›
(CNS Business): Sarah McField, a recent alumna of Ogier’s articled clerk programme, was admitted to the Cayman Islands Bar on application by her principal, Ogier Cayman partner Giorgio Subiotto. The application was presented in Court by the firm's Head of Litigation, Richard de Lacy QC. McField attained First Class honours in her University of Liverpool law degree, obtained at the Cayman Islands Law School, in 2006. She received a commendation in her professional practice certificate at the Law School in 2007. Having attained master's degrees at both the University of British Columbia and the University of Pennsylvania (in law), she joined Ogier as an articled clerk in 2009.
“We congratulate Sarah on her admission to the bar and take pride in her association with Ogier Cayman which has helped her pass this important milestone in her legal career,” said de Lacy.
Addressing Justice Charles Quin on moving McField's application, he said it was "both a pleasure and a privilege to apply to the Court for the admission of an articled clerk who has so distinguished herself in the legal education system of the Islands."
As part of its continued commitment to help ensure training opportunities for young Caymanians seeking to join the legal profession, Ogier Cayman will be recruiting further articled clerks to start in March 2013. Applications will be accepted starting December 2012; interested candidates should visit Ogier - Articled Clerks.
Ogier Cayman currently has three articled clerks within its ranks. Ridhiima Kapoor began an
18-month term in September 2012, joining Michael Lockwood and Alison Maxwell, both of whom are just over 12 months into completing their articles at the firm.
Ogier Cayman’s Articled Clerk programme provides comprehensive practical training in the main areas of legal work undertaken by the firm. Articled Clerks work alongside Associates to gain exposure, develop their expertise across Ogier’s main service lines and work on cases and transactions on a rotational basis.
The comments posted do not necessarily reflect the views of CNS or any individual staff member. All comments are posted subject to approval by CNS. Read more
- If the Legge's own Compass 5 hours 52 min ago
- Good going Mr. Paterson, more 9 hours 27 min ago
- I would be grateful if the 12 hours 6 min ago
- Cayman's International Standing 13 hours 8 min ago
- Our commitments should match 15 hours 28 min ago
- You would also notice in GT 1 day 10 hours ago
- But George Town is a dump. 1 day 21 hours ago
- Agree with you both 1 day 23 hours ago
- What a breath of fresh Air... 1 day 16 hours ago
- Oh? Where is this credit? I 2 days 9 hours ago
- WTS: BB Q10...BB Z10 & Samsung Galaxy S4 BBM Chat: 23A0C377
- Work permit as Online Investor (Personal Investor)
- House for sale - Mt Pleasant WB
- \'09 Honda Fit 4sale
- New Blackberry Q10 Gold Plated and Gold Porsche Design (24 HRS BBM Chat:295941E1)
- Town - Extra Large Bedroom with XL Walk-in Closet
- ONE BEDROOM SHARING $325.00
- CINSA RElays
- Retirement plan
- Make Money Now - Easy as ever