You are hereHome ›
(CNS Business): Turks & Caicos Governor Ric Todd signed a multi-million dollar agreement this week with Caicos Resorts Limited, owner of the world class Amanyara resort in Providenciales, Turks and Caicos Islands. Caicos Resorts Ltd has leased a further 17 acres of Crown Land at Northwest point for 999 years for a $3.04m down payment and an annual rental income. The resort plans to expand its successful villa program on the new site and is considering other additional facilities too, such as a spa and tennis centre.
According to the TCI Governor’s Office, the people of the Turks and Caicos Islands will benefit from increased revenue streams from Amanyara through its ongoing growth and through increasing levels of employment at the resort.
Todd’s office claimed the deal demonstrates the commitment of an already successful Turks and Caicos business to the future of the Island’s leading industry.
“This new investment in the TCI shows that business growth does not always come from inward investment,” the governor said. “While business conditions remain challenging here, we are in a much stronger position than many other parts of the world as the recent publication of the country’s GDP figures showed. I remain confident that we will see further investment here in the TCI in the next few months. Further, this is the first deal under the new terms of the Crown Land laws which sees land held for the long term benefit of the people of the TCI, not sold off for a short term gain.”
“The increased demand of Amanyara Villas over the past years has inspired us to extend the portfolio further. We are happy to also boost the profile of Turks and Caicos and create a significant number of jobs for the local economy with this expansion,” said Michel Neutelings of Caicos Resorts Ltd.
Amanyara’s expansion follows on from other indigenous investment such as Digicel’s $7m growth plans for TCI, the £15 million second FBO at the airport and GUMEDS’ $9m investment in a new medical school.
The comments posted do not necessarily reflect the views of CNS or any individual staff member. All comments are posted subject to approval by CNS. Read more
- But George Town is a dump. 15 hours 8 min ago
- Agree with you both 17 hours 2 min ago
- What a breath of fresh Air... 10 hours 10 min ago
- Oh? Where is this credit? I 1 day 2 hours ago
- Kudos to PNA 1 day 5 hours ago
- And a day later they signed, 1 day 7 hours ago
- And delaware, london, and 1 day 16 hours ago
- I hope the G8 extends the 2 days 8 hours ago
- very slippery slope for 3 days 45 min ago
- Dart starts new office block 3 days 58 min ago
- Work permit as Online Investor (Personal Investor)
- House for sale - Mt Pleasant WB
- \'09 Honda Fit 4sale
- New Blackberry Q10 Gold Plated and Gold Porsche Design (24 HRS BBM Chat:295941E1)
- Town - Extra Large Bedroom with XL Walk-in Closet
- ONE BEDROOM SHARING $325.00
- CINSA RElays
- Retirement plan
- Make Money Now - Easy as ever
- Stainless Steel Electric Stove & Electric Water Heater for SALE