You are hereHome ›
(CNS Business): Following the opening of a Hong Kong office in January this year, Mourant Ozannes has opened an office in the British Virgin Islands, where it will initially focus on corporate, international finance, investment funds, investment business regulation and insolvency and litigation services, the law firm said. Mourant Ozannes advises on the laws of the BVI, the Cayman Islands, Guernsey and Jersey from these locations and from offices in both Hong Kong and London. Mourant Ozannes Cayman Managing Partner, Neal Lomax, said "BVI is one of the world's leading offshore financial centres. We are seeing increasing demand from clients and intermediaries for BVI legal services across our practice areas. In response to this demand, we are committed to establishing a top tier practice in the jurisdiction."
Jersey based partner, Michael Williams, who has extensive corporate and banking experience and is a BVI qualified solicitor, is relocating to the BVI to oversee the establishment of the office. He is joined by two new Mourant Ozannes' partners, Rachael McDonald and Shaun Folpp.
Rachael McDonald, who specialises in corporate and finance work, joins Mourant Ozannes from Ogier in the BVI. Rachael has practised in the BVI for the last six years and is a BVI notary public. She has worked previously for Clifford Chance in London and Chapman Tripp in New Zealand. Rachael leads the global BVI corporate and banking and finance teams. Legal directory, Chambers and Partners notes that Rachael has "a strong reputation" in the BVI, with clients commenting that "she is excellent to deal with."
Shaun Folpp joins Mourant Ozannes from Ogier in the Cayman Islands. Shaun worked previously as the head of commercial and chancery appeals at the Court of Appeal in London. Shaun leads Mourant Ozannes' BVI litigation and insolvency practice, and has extensive experience in both contentious and non-contentious insolvency matters, as well as general commercial disputes. Client feedback published in Chambers and Partners notes that Shaun "excels in terms of the quality of his advice."
The three Mourant Ozannes partners based in the BVI work closely with the BVI qualified lawyers across the firm and Mourant Ozannes is now able to provide BVI legal advice directly from the BVI and from its offices in Asian, American and European time zones.
The comments posted do not necessarily reflect the views of CNS or any individual staff member. All comments are posted subject to approval by CNS. Read more
- But George Town is a dump. 1 day 1 hour ago
- Agree with you both 1 day 3 hours ago
- What a breath of fresh Air... 20 hours 50 min ago
- Oh? Where is this credit? I 1 day 13 hours ago
- Kudos to PNA 1 day 16 hours ago
- And a day later they signed, 1 day 18 hours ago
- And delaware, london, and 2 days 3 hours ago
- I hope the G8 extends the 2 days 19 hours ago
- very slippery slope for 3 days 11 hours ago
- Dart starts new office block 3 days 11 hours ago
- Work permit as Online Investor (Personal Investor)
- House for sale - Mt Pleasant WB
- \'09 Honda Fit 4sale
- New Blackberry Q10 Gold Plated and Gold Porsche Design (24 HRS BBM Chat:295941E1)
- Town - Extra Large Bedroom with XL Walk-in Closet
- ONE BEDROOM SHARING $325.00
- CINSA RElays
- Retirement plan
- Make Money Now - Easy as ever
- Stainless Steel Electric Stove & Electric Water Heater for SALE