You are hereHome ›
(CNS Business): Expanding its presence in Asia, Maples and Calder, which has had an office in Hong Hong since 1995, has now opened an office in Singapore. The Singapore office will be a full service, full execution office providing Cayman Islands and British Virgin Islands advice across the firm's core practice areas, including hedge and mutual funds, private equity, structured and asset finance, corporate law and trusts for high net worth individuals. Located in the Singapore Land Tower in Raffles Place, the office will be managed by funds partner, Nick Harrold, who is joined by corporate finance partner, James Burch, and private equity and corporate lawyer, Tom Katsaros.
Both Harrold and Burch will relocate from the firm's Hong Kong office, whilst Katsaros rejoins Maples and Calder, having previously worked in its Cayman Islands office.
"We are delighted to announce this addition to our global presence and proud that Singapore is the second office we have opened in Asia, as part of our Asian growth strategy. Maples and Calder is truly an international law firm and we are keen to explore the opportunities that await us in this new jurisdiction," said Global Managing Partner, Henry Smith.
"Our Hong Kong office has experienced substantial growth since opening in 1995. We anticipate a similar success story in Singapore, which is a hub for many international firms and financial institutions."
"This move affirms our long-term commitment to our South East Asia clients," noted Nick Harrold, "There are relatively few law firms practising Cayman Islands and British Virgin Islands law in Singapore and our new office will not only provide clients with greater choice but, through being on the ground in Singapore, will enable us to better service those clients."
Maples and Calder, which specialises in the practise of Cayman Islands, British Virgin Islands and Irish law, has had a long-standing presence in Asia. Its Hong Kong office is staffed with 30 lawyers.
The comments posted do not necessarily reflect the views of CNS or any individual staff member. All comments are posted subject to approval by CNS. Read more
- No problem with the result. 13 hours 29 min ago
- Good Decision 17 hours 4 min ago
- Let the rich stay in Caymana 1 day 3 hours ago
- One of the best suggestions 1 day 3 hours ago
- I agree that someone with the 1 day 3 hours ago
- My friend, you were making 1 day 6 hours ago
- I'll bet they found that it 1 day 6 hours ago
- Things that make you go hmmm, 1 day 6 hours ago
- Bo Miller for Mayor. 2 days 4 hours ago
- I'm sorry but those exactly 1 week 1 day ago
- For Sale: Apple Iphone 5 32Gb And Samsung Galaxy S4
- Scholarship Fundraiser
- Great Priced North Coast Sandy Beach Lot for Sale
- Original brand new apple iphone 5 64gb,32gb,16gb,Samsung Galaxy S3,S4
- Beautiful Cayaman Style Home
- for sale: samsung galaxy s4, apple iphone 5
- 2004 HONDA FIT
- 2004 HONDA FIT
- Walkers Rd condo for Rent - Poincianas
- Pups for sale