You are hereHome ›
(CNS Business): As one of the recipients of funds collected from Island Heritage’s First Annual CharityDrive, the Blue Iguana Recovery Programme (BIRP) treated staff from the company, together with family and friends, to a Blue Iguana Safari at the Botanic Park. BIRP received a $10,000 donation from the fundraiser and offered the safari to show Island Heritage just where their money went. The safari, led by John Marotta (left) one of the programme’s wardens, included a tour of the Blue Iguana’s captive breeding facility. “Getting an up close look at the beautiful creatures and learning more about them was something very special and our group enjoyed it immensely,” said Island Heritage’s Monique Bush.
“Having now seen the facilities, it is even more pleasing to know that, through CharityDrive, Island Heritage was able to contribute to the programme’s continued success,” she added.
BIRP Director Fred Burton said he was grateful for the Company’s donation. “Corporate sponsors here in the Cayman Islands are one of the key sources of core funding for our work with the blues and we could not possibly have achieved all that we have without that sort of support from local businesses. All those who have supported our work should share some credit for the fact that you can now see blue iguanas living wild just by going to the QE II Botanic Park. It’s worth reflecting that this world famous symbol of Cayman’s natural heritage was on the verge of extinction, only a decade ago.”
Read more information on the Blue Iguana Recovery Programme here.
If you are a charity or non-profit organization is interested in participating in Island Heritage’s 2013 CharityDrive fundraiser, find out more here.
Roundabout charity drive raises $30,000 (5 January 2012)
Botanic Park under threat (23 October 2012)
The comments posted do not necessarily reflect the views of CNS or any individual staff member. All comments are posted subject to approval by CNS. Read more
- No problem with the result. 5 hours 57 min ago
- Good Decision 9 hours 32 min ago
- Let the rich stay in Caymana 20 hours 7 min ago
- One of the best suggestions 20 hours 10 min ago
- I agree that someone with the 20 hours 14 min ago
- My friend, you were making 22 hours 29 min ago
- I'll bet they found that it 22 hours 36 min ago
- Things that make you go hmmm, 23 hours 16 min ago
- Bo Miller for Mayor. 1 day 20 hours ago
- I'm sorry but those exactly 1 week 1 day ago
- Scholarship Fundraiser
- Great Priced North Coast Sandy Beach Lot for Sale
- Original brand new apple iphone 5 64gb,32gb,16gb,Samsung Galaxy S3,S4
- Beautiful Cayaman Style Home
- for sale: samsung galaxy s4, apple iphone 5
- 2004 HONDA FIT
- 2004 HONDA FIT
- Walkers Rd condo for Rent - Poincianas
- Pups for sale
- SHORT TERM RENTAL